VMworld 2015 is about to kick off in a few days and will be a hectic few days up in San Francisco. I’ll be there mostly talking and presenting on a variety of things like Virtual Volumes (VVol), Storage Policy-Based Management (SPBM), vSphere APIs for IO Filtering (VAIO) as well as covering some interesting work the SRM and NSX teams have been working on together.
As always at VMworld there are far more sessions to see than time in which to see them, having said that here are a few sessions on topics I am interested in that look to be particularly interesting:
- About SRM & DR
- STO5053 – Physical Cluster to Virtual Failover Using Site Recovery Manager with Brad Pinkston, Joe Doss, and Dave Hellman
- STO4856 – Designing for Mass Failover with Site Recovery Manager: Lessons Learned from a Customer Deployment with Chris Chua
- STO5787 – Architecting Site Recovery Manager To Meet Your Recovery Goals with GS Khalsa and Smruti Patel
- About VVols and VAIO
- STO5967 – Best Practices: Getting the Most From Your New Virtual Volume Array with Patrick Dirks
- STO5074 – Explaining Advanced Virtual Volumes Configurations with Ken Werneburg and Andy Banta
Normally I only try and present one session at VMworld but circumstances conspired to pull me into multiple sessions this year. If you want to see me on stage I will be involved with the following, sure to be awesome :-), sessions:
- STO6074 – Automating Storage Management with SPBM where I’ll be co-presenting with Sudarsan Piduri on how to best leverage SPBM to deliver a highly automatable environment
- STO6328 – What’s New in Disaster Recovery with VMware Site Recovery Manager and VMware NSX where I’ll be presenting with John Whitman on some exciting new capabilities introduced with NSX 6.2 and SRM
- NET4695 – Introduction to Integrating VMware Network Virtualization with Site Recovery Manager will be a panel session covering some of the new SRM+NSX capabilities
- MGT5952 – What’s New and What’s Next in VMware vCloud Suite covers the new capabilities being delivered by the vCloud Suite, co-presented with Jai Malkani
And I will also be taking part in a group discussion with @vmKen about VVols and a meet the experts session.
I’m looking forward to meeting lots of new faces this year! If you are going to VMworld feel free to reach out and connect with me on twitter – @BenMeadowcroft