This is a collection of various reports, presentations and essays that I have prepared as part of my Studies at UMIST, and also a few other items researched for personal interest.
- an item I wrote explaining an examining the Pie Menus interface.
- A report about Statecharts. These are an advance over traditional state machine modelling techniques. The report briefly examines some of the shortfalls of conventional state machine modelling and explains how statecharts overcome these failings.
- A report on Fernando J. Corbató and his contibutions to Computer Science, including information about the MULTICS Operating system and the CTSS.
- An introduction to the major causes of System Failure in contemporary projects. This examines some of the commonalities and underlying trends behind these failures.
- What impact has Information technology had on society and culture. This report examines the Impact of IT on society.